d a well-rounded effort to end their (อ่าน 22 ครั้ง)
d a well-rounded effort to end their เมื่อ: ธันวาคม 20, 2018, 08:33:32 am
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Cincinnati Reds used a well-rounded effort to end their losing streak on Saturday. Jay Bruce homered and drove in three runs and the Reds snapped a three-game losing streak with a 6-5 win over the Phillies. Todd Frazier also homered and the Reds played strong defence, throwing out two runners at the plate to end innings and overcome homers by Marlon Byrd, Carlos Ruiz and Jimmy Rollins to send the Phillies to their seventh loss in eight games. "Talk about a complete game," first-year manager Bryan Price said. "Those two perfectly executed relay throws were a big deal. We had a lot of good things, defensively and offensively." Centre fielder Billy Hamilton, second baseman Brandon Phillips and catcher Devin Mesoraco teamed up to throw out Byrd at the plate to end the sixth inning and Ruiz to end the seventh. "Those are fun plays," Mesoraco said. "Those are always my most fun plays. You certainly dont want to give up the doubles to get into that position." Alfredo Simon (8-3) allowed seven hits and three runs with three strikeouts in six innings. Jonathon Broxton pitched a scoreless eighth inning and Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth for his eighth save. The Reds wasted no time snapping their 17-inning scoreless streak, scoring in the first inning. Hamilton drew a leadoff walk, stole second on the first pitch to Skip Schumaker and hustled to third on Schumakers groundout to Rollins at shortstop, setting up Bruces sacrifice fly. "As a team, you need the small things," Bruce said. "Those are what lead to the bigger things." The Phillies answered with Byrds two-run homer in the second, his ninth of the season. Frazier led off the bottom of the second with his team-leading 13th homer of the season, giving him home runs in three of his past four games. Frazier sparked Cincinnatis fourth-inning go-ahead rally with a single to right field and stolen base. Zack Cozart drove him in with a sinking line drive to right-centre field that Ben Revere got a glove on with a diving try before the ball trickled away. Cozart went to third on Ramon Santiagos single and scored on Hamiltons sacrifice fly. The Phillies threatened in the fifth, getting runners to second and third with one out, prompting manager Ryne Sandberg to pinch-hit John Mayberry Jr. for starting pitcher Roberto Hernandez. Hernandez (2-4), is 0-3 in seven starts since his most recent win on May 4, allowed four hits and four runs with three walks and two strikeouts in four innings. He also hit a batter. Bruce followed Brandon Phillips fifth-inning leadoff walk with his fourth homer of the season and first since April 20 against the Cubs in Chicago. The homer was his first in Cincinnati since April 3 and the 100th of his career at Great American Ball Park. "Thats one of those things I knew was coming," Bruce said. "You just have to keep on keeping on. Ive been trying to keep the same approach. It felt good to put a good swing on a pitch I should have driven." Ruiz led off the sixth with his second homer of the season, and Rollins hit a two-run shot in the seventh, his eighth homer of the season and second in two days. Byrd was thrown out on a double on Domonic Browns double to right-centre field. He collided with Mesoraco, prompting umpire crew chief Tom Hallion to ask for a review to make sure Major League Baseballs new rules governing plays at the plate werent violated. "I cant give you an educated response because I dont know what the rule is," Byrd said. "I was waiting for a lane. I was going to slide outside and get my hand in" When the replay confirmed the initial ruling, Sandberg came out of the dugout to argue, which is automatic grounds for ejection. The umpires tried to wave him back into the dugout, and Hallion ejected Sandberg when he persisted. "My argument was the catcher blocked the plate before he had the ball," Sandberg said. "Byrd almost twisted his ankle with indecision. It has gone against us three times with different scenarios. Everyone wants to know what the rule is." Notes: Reds 1B Joey Votto will begin an injury rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday. Votto hasnt played since going on the disabled list on May 21, retroactive to May 16, with a quadriceps strain in his left knee, the same knee on which he had two surgeries in 2012. ... Bruces walk in the third inning was his first in 16 games since he was walked three times by Milwaukee on May 1. ... Sandbergs ejection was the first of his managerial career. ... Rollins needs six hits to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt and become Philadelphias career hits leader. Tobias Harris Jersey . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Danilo Gallinari Jersey .Hammel pitched inside more and it helped him get into the seventh inning as the Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 on Friday night. http://www.clippersnbateamshop.info/montrezl-harrell-clippers-jersey/.com) - The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders. Marcin Gortat Jersey . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win. Luc Mbah a Moute Jersey . It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. MIAMI -- The Washington Nationals have clinched a division title and are continuing to make a push toward home-field advantage for the playoffs. Adam LaRoche hit an early two-run homer to support Doug Fister and lead the NL-leading Washington Nationals to a 3-2 victory over the Miami Marlins on Friday night. Fister (15-6) allowed two runs and five hits in 6 2-3 innings for the Nationals, who have won six of seven. "Weve got some momentum, guys are playing well -- great defence behind us -- so that makes it a little bit easier," Fister said. "Were still staying focused and working together." The Nationals (89-64) lead the Dodgers (88-66) by 1 1-2 games for the best record in the league and are expected to get third baseman Ryan Zimmerman back from a hamstring injury for the stretch run. "Its nice, its what great seasons are all about, kind of peaking at the right time, getting healthy at the right time, and this last month and a half everyone is healthy and weve been playing good ball," said Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard, who pitched a scoreless eighth. Washingtons Denard Span had two hits and drove in a run for Washington. Justin Bour hit his first major league home run for the Marlins and two RBIs. "Obviously felt good to get that home run, its not as enjoyable as if we would have won, but its definitely very cool and Im excited that it happened," Bour said. "It took a little bit longer than I thought it would, but Im glad it did." Drew Storen pitched a clean ninth for his eighth save in 11 chances. LaRoche hit his 25th home run of Tom Koehler (9-10) in the first inning, a two-run drive in the upper deck to right field. "Those guys put the ball in the seats, thats what they do," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "You look in the middle of that order with four guys with 80 RBIs, those guys can do some damage." Bours RBI groundout scored Marcell Ozuna, who tripled to leadoff the second. The Nationals loaded the bases in the thiird inning after Span tripled and Koehler issued consecutive walks, but LaRoche struck out and Ian Desmond lined into an unassisted double play to second baseman Enrique Hernandez.dddddddddddd Spans RBI single in the fourth extended the Nationals lead to 3-1. Bour pulled the Marlins to 3-2 with a homer to deep right-centre field. Koehler allowed three runs in five innings. "Any time you give them a two-point advantage before we even get started, its going to be tough," Koehler said. "Theres a reason why they are where they are." TRAINERS ROOM Nationals: Zimmerman (hamstring) played seven innings in an intrasquad game on Friday in Viera, going 3 for 8 with a home run. He could be reinstated from the disabled list over the weekend. "Hes sore right now, its like spring training," Williams said. "I dont think its hamstring sore, its just general body soreness." Marlins: RHP Jose Fernandez (Tommy John surgery) has been cleared to start throwing on Oct. 1. "I know hes really excited about it and we are too, so thats huge," Redmond said. ... RHP Bryan Morris (groin) has been shut down for the remainder of the season. UP NEXT The two teams will meet again on Saturday with Nationals RHP Jordan Zimmermann (12-5, 2.83) on the mound against Marlins RHP Jarred Cosart (4-2, 2.05). The Nationals have won the last nine starts pitched by Zimmermann, who is 6-0 with a 2.11 ERA during that span. Cosart will be looking for his 14th win of the season after going 9-7 with the Astros. BOUR GETS HOME RUN BALL Bours home run bounced off the seats in the upper deck and bounced back into play. Nationals right fielder Jayson Werth alertly picked up the ball and tossed it over the fence into the Marlins bullpen so Bour could have the keepsake. "Werth threw it over the bullpen for me so that was pretty cool," Bour said. LaROCHE REACHES PLATEAU LaRoche reached the 25-home run plateau for the sixth time in his career. His career-high is 33 set in 2012. 00:11ET 20-09-14 Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '