robbed the Charles Schwab Cup Championship o(อ่าน 11 ครั้ง)
robbed the Charles Schwab Cup Championship o เมื่อ: พฤศจิกายน 08, 2018, 09:08:09 am
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Bernhard Langer robbed the Charles Schwab Cup Championship of some of its usual drama when he wrapped up the points title a week before the Champions Tour finale.Tom Pernice Jr. and Jay Haas made up for it Sunday at Desert Mountain.Two holes after slashing out backward from a rocky wash channel in the desert, Pernice finally finished off Haas with a birdie on the fourth extra hole. The 55-year-old Pernice got up-and-down from the left bunker to end it on the par-5 18th, holing a 6-foot birdie putt after Haas made a 12-footer for par.I just said, Hes going to make it, so you need to be prepared to play it on the right edge. And it rolled right in, Pernice said. It was pretty scrappy. I hung in there. Short game is part of it as well and my short game held up and carried me through.Pernice closed with a 3-under 67 — also making a 6-foot birdie putt on 18 — to match Haas at 11-under 269 on the Cochise Course. The 60-year-old Haas had a 66.Jay and I have become good friends, Pernice said. Ive gone back and played in his charity event in Greenville. I hate for anybody to lose.Pernice earned $440,000 in the event limited to the top 30 on the money list. He also won a playoff in Iowa in June and has four career victories on the 50-and-over tour after winning twice on the PGA Tour.I was just thinking last night, its such a privilege to be able to be out here, first and foremost, to be out here playing with Freddie Couples and Jay Haas and Kenny Perry and Bernhard Langer and Hale Irwin and Tom Watson, Pernice said. To be able to do that and compete and do what we do at our age is pretty amazing that this is here for us.Langer closed with a 65 to tie for fourth at 9 under. The 57-year-old German star won his second Charles Schwab Cup points title last week to earn a $1 million annuity and made $158,000 on Sunday to break Hale Irwins tour record with $3,074,189. Irwin earned $3,082,304 in 2002.Langer topped the money list for the sixth time in seven years. He led the tour with five victories, two of them majors, and had 12 top-three finishes in 20 starts. He also won the season points title in 2010.Its still mind-boggling just to reflect on my year, Langer said. When you think about it, you play golf from January until now, its 10 months, and to have played as consistently well as Ive done in 20 tournaments is hard to believe really.Haas had birdie chances to win on the second and third playoff holes, but missed both to the right.It was a long day, longer for the team that loses in extra innings, Haas said. Toms such a beautiful bunker player and pitcher of the ball and everything. I knew I was going to have to make a birdie to beat him.On the par-3 17th on the third extra hole, Haas missed a 15-foot birdie putt. Pernice made a 6-footer after missing the green to the left and hitting a flop shot.On 18 on the second playoff hole, Haas 8-foot birdie also slid right, and Pernice made a 4-footer for a scrambling par. He drove right into a narrow wash channel in the desert, gouged the ball backward to the fairway, hit his 246-yard approach to the right of the green and set up the par putt with a long pitch.Just hit a bad drive, Pernice said. I had been aiming down the left side and kind of cutting with the wind and came up and out of it and blocked it and so the wind got it. .... Luckily, I had a shot, but I had to go backwards quite a ways because I was going in the direction of the washout.Haas made a 6-foot birdie putt on 18 to stay alive on the first extra hole after Pernice two-putted for birdie.In regulation on 18, Haas holed a 35-foot birdie putt from the fringe to take the lead at 11 under. Pernice — playing a group behind — forced the playoff with his 6-foot birdie putt.Haas opened with rounds of 66 and 62 to take a four-stroke lead and break the tour record for consecutive rounds of par or better at 38, then shot 75 on Saturday to fall a stroke behind Pernice and Perry.Haas won two weeks ago in North Carolina to become the 18th player to win a Champions Tour event at 60 or older. He has 17 Champions Tour victories after winning nine PGA Tour titles.Its been a wonderful year and, you know, just a shot here or there, Haas said. Yesterday just was pretty awful, but today came back on a pretty tough day to have a chance there.Perry eagled the final hole for a 68 to finish a stroke back.Colin Montgomerie had a 67 to match Montgomerie at 9 under. Ice Hockey Jerseys . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Soccer Jerseys . - Houston defensive end J. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinasupply.net/.C. -- With a chance to start over and maybe drive in any series he wanted, Juan Pablo Montoya thought long and hard about what mattered most at this stage of his career. China Wholesale Football Jerseys . The 26-year-old Redditch, England, native played three of his past four seasons under Rennie with the Carolina RailHawks of the North American Soccer League. NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Free Shipping . Here at TSN.ca we will take a look back at the season by bringing together a panel of experts to help pick the best 50 players of the season.Almost immediately after the Toronto Blue Jays finished May with an outstanding 21-9 record, skipper John Gibbons basically said that was all well and good, but the Jays couldnt let up and had to avoid the "June Swoon". That prompted me to go back through the years that Rogers has owned the club to see how many times the Jays have actually stumbled in June and seriously damaged their seasons. This is Rogers 15th season of club ownership. They have had three general managers,  Gord Ash (inherited), J.P Ricciardi and Alex Anthopoulos. Theyve also had six managers, Buck Martinez (inherited), Carlos Tosca, John Gibbons (twice), Cito Gaston and John Farrell. Over the 14 complete seasons, they have had five winning Junes and nine losing ones. Of those nine losing months of June, I can only classify a couple of them as season-wreckers. In 2008, after a great May, the Jays stumbled in June to a 10-16 mark. John Gibbons remembers it well because he was fired on 20th of that month and replaced by Cito Gaston. Cito went on to have one of those Junes of his own two years later in 2010. The Jays went 9-17 that month, though they recovered to finish at 85-77, albeit still winding up in fourth place in the tough American League East. Cito retired from his second stint as Blue Jays manager at the end of that season. In 2002, the Jays got off to a horrible 8-20 start under second-year skipper and now Blue Jays broadcaster Buck Martinez. The team seemed to be coming around a bit and actually swept the Detroit Tigers in a three-game series that carried over in the start of June. But on June 3, Ricciardi fired Buck and promoted one of his own hires in bench coach Carlos Tosca to be manager. The Jays finished with a 15-12 record for that month. The Jays most common June record is 12-15. Four times they have hit those figures and once they just missed it, going 12-14 in 2009. The Jays best Junes in the Rogers era have been 15-11 in 2003, 16-11 in 2006 and 17-9 last season under Gibbons fuelled by that 11-game win streak. Even with that stellar month, the Jays still finished at 74-88, just one game better than the year before under John Farrell. In his four full season managing the Jays so far, Gibbons actually has a winning June record at 59-48, but I guess that  une 2008 firing would make a man just a little wary. The season that sticks out in comparison to this year is 2010. The Jays, under Cito, were 31-22 at the end of May. Thats nine games over .500, exactly the same as this years edition were at 33-24. The 2010 team, as we mentioned,  finished at 85-77, but didnt come close to making the post-season. So Gibbonss point is well taken. Even though, the Jays have equalled their best record through the end of May since Rogers took over they still have a long way tto go - a four-month grind in fact - to try and earn their first playoff spot since 1993.dddddddddddd. - When the Tampa Bay Rays opted to keep lefty David Price in the off-season, it looked as though they were committed to winning this season. Many pundits, yours truly included, thought they actually had the talent to win the AL East. Now, thanks to injuries to pitchers Matt Moore, Jeremy Hellickson and Alex Cobb and a distinct lack of hitting, they have tumbled into the basement in the East at 23-34 after getting swept at Fenway over the weekend.  Ben Zobrist, perhaps their most valuable player, is back off of the DL, as is Cobb, but now Wil  Myers is on the disabled list with a sprained right wrist. It will be interesting to see between now and the deadline if the Rays put the blame for this season on the injuries or if they go into full rebuild mode and make Price the centrepiece of their wheeling and dealing. - The Boston Red Sox, on the other hand, have staged a dramatic recovery. After dropping 10 in a row and losing starters Felix Doubront and Clay Buchholz to the disabled list, as well as third baseman Will Middlebrooks, theyve turned around and won seven straight and have closed to within six games of the Blue Jays and two-and-a-half of the second Wild Card slot. - The Baltimore Orioles are breathing a huge sigh of relief. Nelson Cruz got nailed on the left hand by a Scott Feldman pitch on Sunday versus the Houston Astros and had to leave the game after just one at-bat. Fortunately, the x-rays were negative. Cruz is turning out to be the biggest bargain basement pick-up of the off-season.  The 33-year-old slugger, in the wake of his PED suspension, left the Texas Rangers as a free agent and signed late with Baltimore on a one-year deal worth $8 million. Cruz leads the Bigs with 20 homers and 52 runs batted in, just ahead of the Jays Edwin Encarnacion who has 19 roundtrippers and 50 runs batted in. Cruz is putting up career numbers in a contract year.  He has never hit more than 33 home runs in a season and has never driven in more than 90 in a campaign. Barring an injury, he should easily surpass both totals and help keep the Os in the East race all season long. -  If the season ended today and, of course, it doesnt, the Blue Jays would play the Detroit Tigers in the American League Divisional Series and would have home field advantage in the series. That would be a dream match-up in these parts and adds a little bit of drama for their upcoming three-game set starting Tuesday night at Comerica Park. The Jays will be sending  Drew Hutchison,  R.A. Dickey and J.A. Happ up against Anibal Sanchez, Rick Porcello and Justin Verlander. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '