rell contributed to this (อ่าน 65 ครั้ง)
rell contributed to this เมื่อ: กรกฎาคม 04, 2018, 08:15:54 am
CHASKA, Minn. - Mark James played in the Ryder Cup seven times and captained the European side at Brookline in 1999. Here, the honorary life member of the European Tour gives his views on the 41st edition of the contest in Minnesota.Its important that the European team dont overreact to defeat to Team USA here at Hazeltine.Sometimes you just have to say you were beaten by a better team. I think they had the right players, a good captain in Darren Clarke, and I dont think he made any mistakes. Sometimes, you just lose. Team Europe can go home with heads held high.Why did they lose? Well, they were facing a good side and then had a shocking first morning; I thought it might be over then. But the real damage was done on the second afternoon. Lee Westwoods putting deserted him at the wrong time and we were a bit unlucky in a couple of matches.Those things make quite a difference to how you approach the singles, going into Sunday with a 9? - 6? deficit. Clarke had to load the front of his order with his best players and we ended up exposed at the back as a result.With six rookies that is kind of inevitable. Over the three days, some did well, and some didnt, but they will all be stronger and better next time out.Thomas Pieters was great without a doubt, and Rafael Cabrera Bello was pretty good, too. Danny Willett had a bad time, but he can probably thank his brother for that; and the course didnt suit the game of Matt Fitzpatrick.Chris Wood was OK and Andy Sullivan -- the sort of player who will play Ryder Cup again -- didnt disgrace himself.And of the senior players, Rory McIlroy was obviously the star but Sergio Garcia was pretty impressive, too, and Henrik Stenson was decent.There arent too many lessons Europe can learn from this defeat. It will obviously make things a bit harder in Paris, now the run has come to an end, but there is certainly no need for a task force or anything dramatic like the Americans went for after Gleneagles.If Europe want to tweak things a little, maybe the naming of the final wild card could be delayed for a few weeks, like the Americans did.But otherwise, the players and officials should be proud of the efforts they made after contributing to an exciting and dramatic Ryder Cup.The team seemed pretty happy afterwards in their press conference but they will have been hurting inside.When I was captain at Brookline in 1999, it was pretty bad in the team room after defeat. I cried my eyes out for a few minutes in a big release of emotion. And I wasnt the only one.But after that we regrouped, went to the presentation, had a few beers and dinner. When the guys went to their post-match press conference on Sunday they will have had a bit of time to compose themselves and start to move on.In my experience, some players stay up late drowning their sorrows after they leave the course, and some just go to bed. There is no doubt it is pretty depressing when youve lost because youve put a huge amount of energy in over the whole week and at the end of it you are very tired, emotionally and physically.Even after Brookline, when we had been ahead and lost, we were looking on the bright side on the flight home the next day, and Clarkes team will be the same, Im sure.If there is anything that should be learned from this 41st edition of the Ryder Cup, it is to pay closer attention to security once again.You want there to be an atmosphere and for people to enjoy themselves, but there must be a way of tightening controls so that we dont get a repeat of the abuse we have seen here. The behaviour was pretty disgusting at times, and reviewing security would be no bad thing.Mark James was talking to Leo Spall Wholesale Texans Jerseys . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Buy Cheap Texans Jerseys . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.cheaptexansjerseyschina.com/ . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Martinas Rankin Jersey . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Womens Texans Jerseys . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The banged-up Baltimore Ravens are limping into their bye week, while the New York Jets quarterback situation is still in flux.Both teams came out of a 24-16 victory by the Jets on Sunday with questions and health concerns.Joe Flacco started for Baltimore after being questionable with a sore shoulder , but threw two interceptions after setting a team record with 176 passes in a row without one.The fact we have a bye week this week, hopefully I can get over it, Flacco said.Flacco isnt the only one. The Ravens (3-4) have lost four straight and have a lengthy list of injured players who need a chance to heal before Baltimore plays again Nov. 6 at home against division-rival Pittsburgh.Linebackers Terrell Suggs (biceps), Elvis Dumervil (foot), C.J. Mosley (thigh), wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. (ankle), cornerback Shareece Wright (thigh), guard Marshal Yanda (shoulder) and left tackle Ronnie Stanley (foot) all sat out against the Jets.Safety Lardarius Webb left the game with a right hamstring injury, and rookie cornerback Tavon Young was evaluated for a concussion.Thats just another question thats impossible to answer because you cant put a measuring stick on how hurtful it is, but its not ideal, coach John Harbaugh said. We also had to make some roster moves just to get 46 guys active. But thats the way it works in our league. Thats the cards that weve been dealt.Meanwhile, the Jets (2-5) ended a four-game losing streak with Geno Smith starting and then getting hurt and being replaced by former starter Ryan Fitzpatrick.Smith injured his right knee while taking a sack from Baltimores Matthew Judon in the second quarter and was scheduled to have an MRI to determine the severity and if he needs to be sidelined.I dont feel like it hurts a ton, said Smith, who spent the second half on the sideline wearing sweats. Honestly, I was begging to go back out there, but I understand theyre doing their jobs.Fitzpatrick had thrown an NFL-leading 11 interceptions through the first six games before Todd Bowles benched him in favor of Smith during the week.Its too early to tell, Bowles said of who his QB will be next week at Cleveland. I want to see what the injury status is before I make that determination.Bowles was also awaiting updates on Jets center Nick Mangold (knee) and linebacker Bruce Carter (quadriceps).Here are some other things to know from the Jets skid-stopping victory over the Ravens:BIG-PLAY DEFENSEThe Jets came in ranked tied for 31st in the NFL with just four takeaways .ddddddddddddAgainst the Ravens, the defense came up big.Flacco went a team-record 176 consecutive throws without an interception before Buster Skrine picked off his pass in the third quarter and returned it 51 yards to the Ravens 3 to set up a field goal by Nick Folk.The defense made it two possessions in a row with a takeaway as Marcus Gilchrist picked off Flacco and returned it 27 yards to the Ravens 24, setting up a 1-yard TD run by Matt Forte.We were one of the top defenses in the league last year, cornerback Darrelle Revis said. Once one (turnover) comes, they start coming in bunches. Thats what happened today.STILL IN THE CHASEEven a four-game losing streak hasnt knocked Baltimore out of contention in the AFC North. The Ravens havent played Pittsburgh or Cincinnati yet this season, so thats four chances to improve their situation in the division.The biggest thing, we are not too far from the other teams in our conference and division, defensive tackle Brandon Williams said.FORTE FLASHESAfter being held to 164 yards rushing and no TDs in the last four games, Forte busted out with a vintage performance.He finished with 100 yards and a score on 30 carries and four catches for 54 yards and a TD. He also joined Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen, Thurman Thomas and Herschel Walker as the only players with 8,000 yards rushing, 4,000 yards receiving and 20 TD receptions.RUNNING ON EMPTYA week after New York gave up 171 yards rushing, including 111 to Arizonas David Johnson last Monday night, Baltimore found nowhere to run against the Jets.Terrance West, who came in having rushed for 295 yards in his last three games, finished with 10 yards on eight carries as the Jets set a franchise mark by holding Baltimore to 6 yards on the ground.CANT FINISHBaltimore took an early lead for the third straight game and couldnt finish off an opponent.The Ravens led the Jets 10-0 in the first quarter of this one. They had the same lead against the Giants last week , and led Washington 10-6 two weeks ago.Killer instinct is executing when you get ahead, putting people away and making plays, taking advantage of the fact theyre down, Harbaugh said. Whatever killer instinct translates to, we certainly dont have it now.---AP Freelance Writer Mike Farrell contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '